Online Master of Legal Studies
The Master of Legal Studies (MLS) is a degree program that helps prepare you for a career in law. The MLS program at the Moritz College of Law at the Ohio State University allows students to earn their MLS while still working full-time or attending school full-time. This means that you can have both your professional life and academic life in balance!
What is a Master of Legal Studies (MLS)
A Master of Legal Studies (MLS) is a postgraduate degree that provides students with the knowledge and skills to pursue careers in the field of law. MLSs are not to be confused with LLM degrees, which are also terminal degrees but require more time to complete than an MLS. The MLS can be completed in one year, while an LLM takes two years or longer depending on your school’s program requirements.
A Master of Legal Studies will not prepare you for a JD degree because it doesn’t have any clinical component like coursework or fieldwork required by law schools before they accept applicants into their programs (although some schools may offer some clinical experience).
What can I do with an MLS?
An MLS is a great option for people who want to pursue a law degree but aren’t sure they want to go through the long and expensive process of getting into law school. The program can be used as a stepping stone toward your ultimate goal: earning an LLM (Master of Laws).
You’ll also find that many employers are willing to hire graduates with an MLS because it shows you have some legal knowledge, which will make them more comfortable hiring you as an employee. If this is something that interests you, then start looking into what schools offer these types of programs today!
Online MLS Opportunities
The following schools offer online Master of Legal Studies degrees:
- American University Washington College of Law
- Boston University School of Law
- Georgetown University Law Center
- New York University School of Law (NYU)
- Stanford Law School
Who should apply to the OSU MLS?
The Ohio State MLS is a two-year master’s degree program that focuses on the legal areas of law. The program is designed to prepare students for success in one or more of the following:
- Advancement within your career, including advancement into management positions and leadership roles;
- Becoming a lawyer;
- Becoming a legal practitioner (e.g., attorney or paralegal);
- Pursuing advanced study at law schools after completing the program; or
- Applying knowledge gained from this degree toward doctoral degrees at other universities
A Master of Legal Studies from the Moritz College of Law at the Ohio State University may help you advance your career.
Master of Legal Studies is a graduate degree offered by the Moritz College of Law at the Ohio State University. It’s a multidisciplinary degree that can help you advance your career in legal studies or law, depending on what area you choose to study.
- A Master of Legal Studies from the Moritz College of Law at the Ohio State University may help you advance your career. As an MLS student, you’ll have access to resources and expertise from professors who are experts in their fields and can advise students as they pursue their goals after graduation.
- The MLS is a terminal degree—meaning it doesn’t prepare graduates directly for employment but rather influences future careers by providing them with skills they need later on down their chosen path(s). According to admissions requirements: “The program focuses on preparing students not only for entry into law school but also for careers outside academia.”
The Master of Legal Studies is an excellent degree for anyone who wants to go into law or another legal field. It provides you with the knowledge and skills necessary to become a successful attorney. If you want to pursue this opportunity, consider applying today!